If you or someone you care about has been involved in a car, truck, bus, or motorcycle accident and suffered a physical injury, you likely have a lot of questions. One of the safest and best ways to get those questions answered is to contact a personal injury lawyer. Whether virtual or in-person, your initial consultation will be the most valuable to you if you provide as much information as possible. Learn what to bring to your first meeting with a car accident attorney below.
What Items Help A Lawyer Evaluate My Case?
When meeting with a car accident attorney for the first time, it is important to come prepared. This will not only save time during your meeting, but it will also allow you to get a clearer picture of what happened and what to expect. Here are the items you should bring to your meeting with a car accident attorney:
- Photos of the vehicles involved in the crash and/or of any resulting injuries
- Names of everyone involved in the accident
- License plate information for all vehicles involved in the accident
- The other driver or drivers’ license and insurance information
- Your driver’s license
- Your own car insurance information
- Contact information for witnesses
- A copy of the police report or the Case ID or report number
- Vehicle repair estimates
- Name and address of ambulance service and emergency room, if applicable
- Names and addresses of all doctors and/or chiropractors who have examined you
- Any related medical records, films, or medical bills
- List of all prescription medications
- Paperwork explaining your health insurance coverage
- Recent pay stubs if you have missed time at work
- Receipts of other documents showing the value of any additional items damaged in the crash
- Names and contact information for any and all insurance adjuster with which you have spoken or communicated in any way
- Any correspondence you have received from any insurer about your accident or your injuries
What To Expect In A Car Accident Attorney Meeting
Individual people will feel comfortable working with an attorney on their own terms. This means you should be sure to research potential lawyers, ask as many questions as you’d like in the initial consultation, and find out who you will be communicating with in their office for the duration of your case. If you’ve never worked with a lawyer before, you may not know what to ask a car accident attorney. Below, we provide a good basic list of important questions to ask to ensure you are working with someone who is both qualified and a good fit for you.
- How many cases like mine have you handled before?
- What percentage of your law practice is devoted to car accident cases?
- Would you handle my case personally or will someone else be handling it?
- How long do you think my case will take to resolve?
- What should I do to protect my case?
- What will be your fee for representing me?
Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you should talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer. We provide free initial consultations, so get started today by contacting a local car accident attorney for help.